4 pears, cut into 1 inch slices (it's up to you if you want to peel them)
2 1/2 cups full fat coconut milk
2 tsp cinnamon
3 egg yolks
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tsp pure vanilla
Shredded or flaked coconut, toasted
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place pears on a baking sheet. Roast for about 45 minutes, or until soft, tossing occasionally.
- Meanwhile in a pot, heat coconut milk, cinnamon, and vanilla over med-low heat (don't boil) for 5 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- When pears are done cooking, put in a food processor and pulse a few times until relatively smooth. A little bit chunky is fine, but try not to leave too many large pieces of pear as they will freeze solid. Let cool.
- Add the coconut milk mixture, egg yolks, and maple syrup to the processor and process on the lowest speed for about 10 seconds.
- Add mixture the the ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions. Done!